From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] system uptime
Date: Sun, 30 Aug 2015 16:06:22
1 On Sun, Aug 30, 2015 at 11:56 AM, Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk> wrote:
2 > No-one has yet mentioned taking backups. I'm still using a brute-force
3 > approach, in which I shut down each of my two machines once a week to make a
4 > backup to external disk.
5
6 I have a multi-tier strategy. Anything I'm going to complain about
7 losing is backed up daily to S3 with duplicity, end of story. Stuff
8 like MythTV recordings and such which would be an inconvenience to
9 lose gets backed up daily to ext4 just in case btrfs gives out on me.
10 Otherwise I trust mirroring enough for that sort of thing.
11
12 If it isn't automatic, daily, and offsite, it isn't backed up as far
13 as I'm concerned.
16 Rich