From: "Stefan G. Weichinger" <lists@×××××.at>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Systemd reaches "target Emergency Mode" every boot
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2013 21:49:34
1 Am 28.01.2013 22:27, schrieb Canek Peláez Valdés:
2 > On Mon, Jan 28, 2013 at 3:08 PM, Stefan G. Weichinger <lists@×××××.at> wrote:
3 >> Do I have to take special care of polkit/consolekit/pam/whatever?
4 >
5 > Yes, we had a long thread about that some months ago, around November.
6 > Basically, there is lots of stuff that break if you mix up consolekit
7 > and systemd (logind, actually). Maybe the situation has improved, but
8 > in my case the simplest solution was to purge consolekit from my
9 > systems (except in my media center, XBMC still uses its d-bus
10 > interfaces). ConsoleKit is unmantained anyway.
11
12 I removed consolekit already and I right now recompile all the packages
13 depending on it.
14
15 > I have USE="-consolekit" where necessary (basically gdm, pambase and
16 > bluez), and USE="systemd" everywhere else. Please note that some
17 > packages need to unmask the systemd flag:
18 >
19 > # cat /etc/portage/profile/package.use.mask
20 > media-sound/pulseaudio -systemd
21 > net-misc/networkmanager -systemd
22 > sys-auth/polkit -systemd
23 > sys-fs/udisks -systemd
24 > sys-power/upower -systemd
25
26 Followed that as well, thanks.
27
28 > I believe polkit is the most important, since it's the one controlling
29 > what program can do what, but since I switched completely to systemd
30 > years ago, I just use it everywhere. Things "just work" most of the
31 > time.
32
33 The logs make me assume that pulseaudio/dbus/bluez drops me out of my
34 session ... although if I use xdm to login, things work fine.
35
36 No big deal, but gdm is nicer and it just should be possible to use it
37 correctly with systemd. I will dig further ...
38
39 >> Thanks, Stefan
40 >>
41 >> ps: my bigger hurdle will be the bridging-setup for running
42 >> KVM-virtualization. This was one of the reasons to go back to openrc
43 >> back then.
44 >
45 > I have no experience with that, but if it works in OpenRC it should
46 > work in systemd. Probably better, even.
47
48 I don't think it won't work, I just wonder how to do it in the right and
49 most efficient way. I will think about that later/tomorrow maybe,
50 already late here ...
51
52 Best regards, Stefan