From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] nvidia-drivers wants static-libs, I do not.
Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2022 19:03:01
1 Arve Barsnes wrote:
2 > On Sun, 13 Feb 2022 at 14:12, Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
3 >> I suspect Kicad is not used by most but removing digikam seemed to be
4 >> the one that opened the door to a clear path for emerge. That package
5 >> is commonly used. So, that info may help if a person runs into this.
6 >> I'm not sure what if any effect boost had. It may be worth not removing
7 >> it unless others fail to give a clear path.
8 >>
9 >> Thanks again for the help. I saw it but didn't realize its meaning.
10 >> You did.
11 > You shouldn't have libs in your world file anyway, it should only be
12 > the packages that you directly use. If packages need it, and many use
13 > boost, they will pull it in as needed. :)
14 >
15 > Regards,
16 > Arve
21 I noticed that boost was pulled in when doing the other updates since.
22 I have -1 in my emerge defaults so at some point, I had to have a good
23 reason for putting it there on purpose.  Thing is, you are correct, it
24 shouldn't be there.
25
26 As a update to status, it is doing a emerge @preserved-rebuild right now
27 but it found a clear path.  Once that is done, I plan to add the others
28 in my list except boost.  I'm going to scan my world file too, just in
29 case something else is lurking about that shouldn't be there.  We all
30 know that having things in there that shouldn't be there causes issues.
31 How boost got there, I'm not sure.
32
33 Thanks again.  So far, nvidia-settings is not wanting static-libs so it
34 seems that is fixed.
35
36 Dale
37
39
40 P. S.  I got a email that another part of KDE just got released.  Oh
41 yeppie.  :-D