From: Arve Barsnes <arve.barsnes@×××××.com>
To: Gentoo <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] nvidia-drivers wants static-libs, I do not.
Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2022 13:22:53
1 On Sun, 13 Feb 2022 at 14:12, Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > I suspect Kicad is not used by most but removing digikam seemed to be
3 > the one that opened the door to a clear path for emerge. That package
4 > is commonly used. So, that info may help if a person runs into this.
5 > I'm not sure what if any effect boost had. It may be worth not removing
6 > it unless others fail to give a clear path.
7 >
8 > Thanks again for the help. I saw it but didn't realize its meaning.
9 > You did.
10
11 You shouldn't have libs in your world file anyway, it should only be
12 the packages that you directly use. If packages need it, and many use
13 boost, they will pull it in as needed. :)
14
15 Regards,
16 Arve