From: "Stefan G. Weichinger" <lists@×××××.at>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] sg_map etc
Date: Wed, 01 Mar 2017 16:31:27
1 Am 2017-03-01 um 16:49 schrieb Daniel Frey:
2
3 >> Have you tried `lsblk -O`?
4 >>
5 >> Dan
8 > Well, I forgot how much info that barfs out.
9 >
10 > Try `lsblk -o name,model,serial` instead.
11
12 nice one, thanks.
13 But the shown serials don't match the serials on the disk(s) :-(
14
15 I also tried "-O" and searched for them.
16
17 It seems that the controller adds some extra layer or something.
18 The vendor is shown as "ICP" (wrong in a way), I see partitions and so
19 (looks good).
20
21 I have a list containing the actual vendors/serials on the physical
22 labels, and the order in the physical slots, plus which label matches
23 which /dev/sgX
24
25 *but* the map between sg- and sd-devices isn't correct IMO.
26
27 This is really a pita because I never can tell exactly which physical
28 disk failed, I only see "ah, sdi1 was kicked out of the array" but then
29 the search starts ....