From: Christoph Gysin <cgysin@×××.ch>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Managing FF/TB plugins in Gentoo
Date: Sun, 18 Sep 2005 11:14:56
1 Kevin O'Gorman wrote:
2 > I've just had a look at FireFox about:plugins and I'm both worried and
3 > confused.
4 > No surprise there; it happens a lot when I peek under the covers. :o)
5 >
6 > There are two versions of the Java plugin listed, with the same
7 > libjavaplugin_oji.so
8 > filename. The latest is Java 1.5.0_04b05.
9 >
10 > There are two versions of Flash listed, also with one and the same filename:
11 > libflashplayer.so.
12
13 Don't know how this happend. You can check where they come from with:
14
15 $ locate libflashplayer.so
16 or without slocate installed
17 $ find / -name libflashplayer.so
18
19 Perhaps you loaded an old version from /home/user/.mozilla/plugins ?
20
21 > Also: I would like the Adobe Acrobat plugin, but
22 > 1) I don't see it in 'eix' or 'emerge -s'.
23 > 2) The instructions for installing from an existing Acrobat install are
24 > not effective
25 > with the portage-installed acrobat.
26
27 I don't know what you're referring to here, but this should do the trick:
28
29 # mkdir -p /etc/portage/
30 # echo app-text/acroread nsplugin >> /etc/portage/package.use
31 # emerge -avt acroread
32
33 Christoph
34 --