From: Justin Hart <justinhart@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] (OT) A eureka moment!
Date: Wed, 03 May 2006 08:20:06
1 It queries CDDB and constructs filenames from this metadata. How
2 these filenames look is configurable, as indicated in one of the
3 earlier posts on this topic.
4
5 Justin
6
7 On 5/3/06, Anthony E. Caudel <acaudel@×××××.com> wrote:
8 > Raymond Lewis Rebbeck wrote:
9 > > On Wednesday, May 3 2006 17:03, Anthony E. Caudel wrote:
10 > >
11 > >>I just discovered something (I think). Probably everyone else already
12 > >>knew it but didn't tell me. Shame on all of you!
13 > >>
14 > >>Do all audio cd's have the mp3's and ogg files on them also????
15 > >>
16 > >>I happened to look at one with konqueror and noticed several files and
17 > >>directories on it. The cd was not mounted (and could not be mounted)
18 > >>but was viewable nontheless. And I could copy a mp3 to my hard disk and
19 > >>play it.
20 > >>
21 > >>Not mountable implies no filesystem so how was I able to view it and
22 > >>copy from it?
23 > >>
24 > >>And if all audio cd's are this way, why do we need to rip them? Just
25 > >>copy the mp3's, or ogg's (or wav's).
26 > >>
27 > >>I am really confused!
28 > >>
29 > >>Tony
30 > >>--
31 > >>Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary
32 > >>Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.
33 > >> -- Benjamin Franklin
36 > > KDE's 'audiocd:/' ioslave automatically gives you virtual folders full of oggs
37 > > and mp3s. When you copy and paste these files to your filesystem KDE
38 > > automatically performs the ripping and encoding in the background.
39 > >
40 > WOW!
41 >
42 > Another plus for KDE.
43 >
44 > Does is also get the filenames, etc. from CDDB?
45 >
46 > Tony
47 >
48 > --
49 > Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary
50 > Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.
51 > -- Benjamin Franklin
52 > --
53 > gentoo-user@g.o mailing list
59 Justin W. Hart