From: "Anthony E. Caudel" <acaudel@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] (OT) A eureka moment!
Date: Wed, 03 May 2006 08:05:18
1 Raymond Lewis Rebbeck wrote:
2 > On Wednesday, May 3 2006 17:03, Anthony E. Caudel wrote:
3 >
4 >>I just discovered something (I think). Probably everyone else already
5 >>knew it but didn't tell me. Shame on all of you!
6 >>
7 >>Do all audio cd's have the mp3's and ogg files on them also????
8 >>
9 >>I happened to look at one with konqueror and noticed several files and
10 >>directories on it. The cd was not mounted (and could not be mounted)
11 >>but was viewable nontheless. And I could copy a mp3 to my hard disk and
12 >>play it.
13 >>
14 >>Not mountable implies no filesystem so how was I able to view it and
15 >>copy from it?
16 >>
17 >>And if all audio cd's are this way, why do we need to rip them? Just
18 >>copy the mp3's, or ogg's (or wav's).
19 >>
20 >>I am really confused!
21 >>
22 >>Tony
23 >>--
24 >>Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary
25 >>Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.
26 >> -- Benjamin Franklin
29 > KDE's 'audiocd:/' ioslave automatically gives you virtual folders full of oggs
30 > and mp3s. When you copy and paste these files to your filesystem KDE
31 > automatically performs the ripping and encoding in the background.
32 >
33 WOW!
34
35 Another plus for KDE.
36
37 Does is also get the filenames, etc. from CDDB?
38
39 Tony
42 Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary
43 Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.
44 -- Benjamin Franklin
45 --
46 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list