From: Chuanwen Wu <wcw8410@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Cc: mike_kazantsev@×××××××.net
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Can't login from terminal?
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2009 05:15:15
1 Hi, thanks!
2 > Looks like the system is unable to launch a shell for some reason,
3 > prehaps you can change it to something default, like /bin/sh, or just
4 > something else if it's bash already.
5 Could you please give more details? How to change it to something default?
8 > Also, I'd double-check the logs - if something fails, there shoud be a
9 > message about it. Make sure you have syslog daemon running and not
10 > dropping any debug messages.
11 I have checked the /var/log/faillog, which I'm not sure whether it's
12 the right log file, and seems it only contain binary data(I read it
13 from "vi /var/log/faillog").
16 wcw