From: Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] {OT} 802.11n PCI-E 300Mbps with AP mode?
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2011 15:12:45
1 On Tue, Jul 12, 2011 at 8:29 PM, Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > Should I need only one wireless card in my router to connect to both
3 > the clients and a wireless bridge which is connected to the WAN?
4
5 I think you need 2 cards in your router (one as host and one as client
6 to the wireless WAN bridge), unless you use WDS.
7
8 WDS allows your access points to become repeaters while still
9 functioning as access points, so you can have multiple APs and only
10 one of them needs to be connected to the wired network (as long as
11 each AP is within range of at least one other AP).
12
13 The cost of WDS this is that your available bandwidth is basically
14 halved (and if you have to support 802.11b, it gets even slower).
15 Depending on your expected usage, that might or might not be a big
16 deal.