From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Cc: Zeerak Mustafa Waseem <zeerak.w@×××××.com>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] baselayout --> openrc ?
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2010 20:59:34
1 Apparently, though unproven, at 22:37 on Friday 22 October 2010, Zeerak
2 Mustafa Waseem did opine thusly:
3
4 > > > I understood the future of Openrc within Gentoo to be in question:
5 > > > http://archives.gentoo.org/gentoo-dev/msg_ce55de133ca592b638db758c9e457
6 > > > 370.xml
10 > > An interesting read, until the rants start, we'll just have to wait and
11 > > see.
15 > Well, there isn't any question as far as whether or not openrc is going to
16 > be stabilized, there is however a question of what's going to be put in
17 > ~arch afterwards, whether or not to use devicekit or whatever it's called
18 > now. I don't have time to find them myself, but check out the two threads
19 > named "The future of sys-apps/openrc in Gentoo" and "openrc stabilization
20 > update". The general consesus is that for now openrc will be stabilized
21 > and the project has been brought back into Gentoo, so the question for now
22 > is what the future of ~arch is.
25 It's openrc-${PV}+1 - there's no question about that.
26
27 Until someone actually ponies up and commits something other than openrc to
28 the tree, it's gonna stay on openrc.
29
30 I think you misunderstand what ~arch means.
34 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com