From: Paul Varner <fuzzyray@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] openoffice 2 rc3 & revdep rebuild
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2005 14:43:05
1 On Mon, 2005-10-17 at 05:58 -0400, Philip Webb wrote:
2 > 051016 John J. Foster wrote:
3 > > I've been fighting the install of OOo rc3 for a few days now.
4 > > Everything is fine until running revdep-rebuild,
5 > > which wants to re-install the OOo I just installed.
6 >
7 > I haven't done this with OO, but my experience is
8 > that Revdep-rebuild always wants to remerge what I just merged,
9 > so I do '^c' & merge the other listed items by hand.
10 > It looks like a bug in Revdep-rebuild: report it, if you want.
11
12 There is no need to open a bug as it is a known issue with
13 revdep-rebuild. Your best bet to install gentoolkit-0.2.1_pre8 and
14 follow the instructions in Holly's message.
15
16 The issue is being actively worked on and by the time that
17 gentoolkit-0.2.1 is released as stable, the issue should be resolved.
18
19 Regards,
20 Paul
21 --