From: Floyd Anderson <f.a@××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Is udev-mount still valid?
Date: Sun, 15 Apr 2018 01:11:19
On Sat, 14 Apr 2018 17:25:36 -0700
Ian Zimmerman <itz@××××××××××××.org> wrote:
>On 2018-04-15 00:10, Floyd Anderson wrote: > >> > https://very.loosely.org/paste/symlinks-pl > >> Because argument ROOTDIR is mandatory, the script should do something >> when ROOTDIR is not given, e.g. print usage. Maybe ‘-r’ should be also >> mandatory or the script should define some useful defaults. Consider >> following invocations: >> >> $ ./symlinks-pl >> $ ./symlinks-pl /path/to/broken-symlink >> $ ./symlinks-pl -r /path/to/broken-symlink >> >> which do nothing and results with exit code 0. > >I think this is more of a documentation bug in usage(). ROOTDIR is in >fact not mandatory - a list of zero or more items is expected, and each >item processed in turn. I remember thinking about it for a second, and >this was the most consistent and regular behavior, so the most >attractive to my droid mind :-P
Then, I think, ROOTDIR in synopsis of `symlinks-pl --help` should be: symlinks-pl [OPTION ...] [ROOTDIR ...] like OPTION instead of: symlinks-pl [OPTION ...] ROOTDIR ... to be more consistent to other command line tools. But I see your point and forget to say thanks for sharing. ;-) -- Regards, floyd