From: Renat Golubchyk <ragermany@×××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [OT] interrupting runscripts during startup
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2009 23:46:34
1 On Fri, 20 Nov 2009 00:02:47 +0200 Amit Dor-Shifer <amitds@××××××.com>
2 wrote:
3 > When hitting Ctrl-C during startup, I manage to interrupt services at
4 > the early stages of init, yet later-on I can no-longer do this. It
5 > seems that up till runlevel 'default', services can be hit with the
6 > interrupt.
7
8 Why do you want to stop services by hitting CTRL-C ? Services are
9 shell scripts. Hitting CTRL-C stops the script somewhere in the
10 middle during its execution. Everything that was done until that moment
11 won't be automagically undone. There can be files left , and processes
12 already started will still run. That's not clean.
13
14 Better use the interactive init feature. Just hit 'I' when init starts
15 (init even tells you, that you can do it) and choose which services to
16 start by hitting 'y' and 'n'.
19 Cheers,
20 Renat
23 Probleme kann man niemals mit derselben Denkweise loesen,
24 durch die sie entstanden sind.
25 (Einstein)