From: "Hemmann
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Disk partition query
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2007 10:17:27
1 On Montag, 30. April 2007, Stuart Howard wrote:
2 > I have made an annoying error when setting up my new computer.
3 > I installed Gentoo then winXP and made it dual boot, all of which has
4 > gone fine however when I did this I partitioned my disk as shown the
5 > theory being that I would assign space as required after all
6 > installation. Unfortunatly I made the 4 partitions all primary! and
7 > now I cannot make more partitions to consume the extra space.
8 >
9 > Can I for example delete the swap and then create an extended
10 > partition within the free space and finally create logical partitions
11 > as required?
12
13 yes.
16 > Can swap be assigned to an extended/logical partition?
17
18 yes, but you don't need a swap partition. A swapfile will work as fine as a
19 swap partition.
22 > I am being a little over cautious in asking this on list before I try
23 > but after 3 days of compiling I am not in the mood to lose it all to
24 > an avoidable mistake :)
25
26 you can always remove the windows partition ;)
27 --
28 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list