From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] How to degrade Gentoo system with webrsync method?
Date: Sun, 09 Jan 2022 17:08:57
1 On Sun, 9 Jan 2022 14:46:17 +0000, Wol wrote:
2
3 > But in there it has the line(s)
4 >
5 > =package.version ~amd64
6 >
7 > I've deliberately used the "=" so for it, and every package it depends
8 > on, that version will be accepted. Aiui, if the stable version goes
9 > above that it will then upgrade to the stable version, so that my
10 > system will be pretty much just stable packages.
11
12 I'd use ~ instead of = so it will accept -r1, -r2, etc. variants of that
13 version, to pick up any bug fixes. Once one of those variants, or a
14 higher version, becomes stable you'll be back on stable and
15 eix-test-obsolete will let you know you can remove the entry.
19 Neil Bothwick
20
21 Quality control, n.:
22 Assuring that the quality of a product does not get out of hand
23 and add to the cost of its manufacture or design.