From: JimD <Jim@×××××××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] GCC 4.1.1 Problems
Date: Sat, 27 May 2006 22:54:06
1 Jason Weisberger wrote:
2 > List,
3 >
4 > I figure upgrading to GCC 4.1.1 from 3.4.5 wouldn't be such a pain,
5 > right? WRONG. So far I've had just about every problem under the
6 > sun, mostly in the form of filesize errors.... which I wouldn't think
7 > would be related to GCC, but then again:
8 >
9 > app-admin/perl-cleaner
10 > x11-proto/xextproto
11 > x11-proto/xcmiscproto-1.1.2
12
13 I had this same issue with app-admin/perl-cleaner. I think there is a
14 bad tarball on some of the mirrors. I grabbed this one:
15
16 http://www.gtlib.gatech.edu/pub/gentoo/distfiles/perl-cleaner-1.03.tar.gz
17
18 and saved it to /usr/portage/distfiles and then ran this (one line):
19
20 ebuild /usr/portage/app-admin/perl-cleaner/perl-cleaner-1.03.ebuild digest
21
22 Now it merged in fine.
23
24 Jim