From: Willie Wong <wwong@××××××××××××××.edu>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Combining multiple pointer devices into one
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2011 09:14:43
1 Hi list,
2
3 When I look at /dev/input I see the devices mice, mouse0, mouse1,
4 mouse2, mouse3. The first one, mice, seems to be a combination of all
5 other mouse devices.
6
7 On the console I want to use gpm to get a pointer, but gpm can only
8 take one MOUSEDEV entry at a time (as far as I know), so currently I
9 have it set on /dev/input/mice. Ideally, however, I only want to use
10 mouse0 and mouse2 on the console (mouse1 is actually a touchscreen and
11 its output is "junk" from the point of view of the ps2 driver, and
12 actually causes problems).
13
14 How does one create, using udev, an input device that aggregates just
15 the data from mouse0 and mouse2?
16
17 Thanks,
18
19 W
20 --
21 Willie W. Wong wwong@××××××××××××××.edu
22 Data aequatione quotcunque fluentes quantitae involvente fluxiones invenire
23 et vice versa ~~~ I. Newton