From: James Broadhead <jamesbroadhead@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Combining multiple pointer devices into one
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2011 09:59:11
1 On 31 October 2011 09:13, Willie Wong <wwong@××××××××××××××.edu> wrote:
2 > When I look at /dev/input I see the devices mice, mouse0, mouse1,
3 > mouse2, mouse3. The first one, mice, seems to be a combination of all
4 > other mouse devices.
5 >
6 > On the console I want to use gpm to get a pointer, but gpm can only
7 > take one MOUSEDEV entry at a time (as far as I know), so currently I
8 > have it set on /dev/input/mice. Ideally, however, I only want to use
9 > mouse0 and mouse2 on the console (mouse1 is actually a touchscreen and
10 > its output is "junk" from the point of view of the ps2 driver, and
11 > actually causes problems).
12 >
13 > How does one create, using udev, an input device that aggregates just
14 > the data from mouse0 and mouse2?
15
16 Do you mean for X, or a /dev/ node for gpm ? Like /dev/input/most_mice ?
17
18 For the first, this is configurable in xorg.conf. No clue about the second.