From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] How the HAL are you supposed to use these files?
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 2010 15:57:50
1 chrome://messenger/locale/messengercompose/composeMsgs.properties:
2 > On 2/10/2010 2:12 AM, Alan McKinnon wrote:
3 >> On Wednesday 10 February 2010 03:29:50 Dale wrote:
4 >>> Well, actually, if hal would have worked I wouldn't have cared if it
5 >>> uses xorg.conf at all. That was the point of using hal. Thing is, I
6 >>> followed the howto and it didn't work. The fact that the config files
7 >>> are in xml only became a problem after hal locked me out of my GUI and
8 >>> required a hard shutdown.
9 >>>
10 >>
11 >> hal is a classic "Second System Effect" case
12 >>
13 >> But I thought we thrashed this to death a while ago and all agreed to
14 >> never
15 >> speak of this abomination again, while we await the Third System
16 >> Effect aka
17 >> DeviceKit?
20 > Last I heard DeviceKit was "deprecated before it even happened" and
21 > they're just going to move everything into udev.
22 >
23 > --Mike
27 Well, udev does seem to work at least. lol Maybe the devicekit guy
28 could just slide over and help the udev people?
29
30 Heck, as long as it works, I'm fine with it. I just don't like having
31 to unexpectedly do a hard reboot.
32
33 Dale
34