From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: @kde-4.2
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2009 01:03:35
1 Nikos Chantziaras <realnc <at> arcor.de> writes:
4 > James wrote:
5 > > Thanks for the suggestion. I get the feeling we're all hacking our own
6 > > install semantics here for kde-4.2.
7 >
8 > I find the -meta packages very helpful. Instead of pulling in all of
9 > KDE (with tons of stuff I don't need), I simply emerged those:
10
11 My understanding is that all the meta packaging is going away
12 sooner than later. So either gentoo defined sets or "James" defined
13 sets are the only option, for the future....
14
15 At least that's what others have indicated...
18 james