From: Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: @kde-4.2
Date: Mon, 09 Mar 2009 18:46:50
1 James wrote:
2 > Thanks for the suggestion. I get the feeling we're all hacking our own
3 > install semantics here for kde-4.2.
4
5 I find the -meta packages very helpful. Instead of pulling in all of
6 KDE (with tons of stuff I don't need), I simply emerged those:
7
8 kde-base/ark
9 kde-base/kate
10 kde-base/kcalc
11 kde-base/kdeartwork-meta
12 kde-base/kdebase-meta
13 kde-base/kdegraphics-meta
14 kde-base/kdeplasma-addons
15 kde-base/kget
16
17 Emerging the *whole* of KDE is, I think, something no one needs :P Just
18 go with the basic stuff, and then emerge additional applications later.
19 You don't even need to make up your own sets or -metas. Your
20 patience will thank you later when the need arises to rebuild everything
21 (when KDE 4.2.2 arrives, for example).