From: covici@××××××××××.com
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] major problem after samba update
Date: Tue, 29 Dec 2015 14:02:49
1 lee <lee@××××××××.de> wrote:
2
3 > covici@××××××××××.com writes:
4 >
5 > > lee <lee@××××××××.de> wrote:
6 > >
7 > >> covici@××××××××××.com writes:
8 > >>
9 > >> > Hi. I just upgraded from samba 4.1.x to 4.2.7 and in one of my shares,
10 > >> > I can not access any subfolders of that share. It usually gives me some
11 > >> > kind of windows permission error, or just location not available.
12 > >> > Windows tells me I can't even display the advanced security settings for
13 > >> > any folder. Anyone know what they did and how to fix? There is a hard
14 > >> > blocker to downgrading, so maybe something is up.
15 > >> >
16 > >> > Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
17 > >>
18 > >> Do they have a changelog which you looked at? Can you mount these
19 > >> shares from a Linux client?
20 > >
21 > > These are on a Linux server, so there is no problem there.
22 >
23 > Can you definitely mount the share from a remote Linux client without
24 > problems?
25 >
26 > > Changelog doesn't say anything but the version number.
27
28 I don't have any remote linux client and this is samba, used so that
29 windows can access the share.
33 Your life is like a penny. You're going to lose it. The question is:
34 How do
35 you spend it?
36
37 John Covici