From: lee <lee@××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] major problem after samba update
Date: Tue, 29 Dec 2015 13:29:03
1 covici@××××××××××.com writes:
2
3 > lee <lee@××××××××.de> wrote:
4 >
5 >> covici@××××××××××.com writes:
6 >>
7 >> > Hi. I just upgraded from samba 4.1.x to 4.2.7 and in one of my shares,
8 >> > I can not access any subfolders of that share. It usually gives me some
9 >> > kind of windows permission error, or just location not available.
10 >> > Windows tells me I can't even display the advanced security settings for
11 >> > any folder. Anyone know what they did and how to fix? There is a hard
12 >> > blocker to downgrading, so maybe something is up.
13 >> >
14 >> > Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
15 >>
16 >> Do they have a changelog which you looked at? Can you mount these
17 >> shares from a Linux client?
18 >
19 > These are on a Linux server, so there is no problem there.
20
21 Can you definitely mount the share from a remote Linux client without
22 problems?
23
24 > Changelog doesn't say anything but the version number.
25
26 They have lots of changelogs which say more than that:
27 https://www.samba.org/samba/history/