From: covici@××××××××××.com
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] major problem after samba update
Date: Mon, 28 Dec 2015 14:10:23
1 lee <lee@××××××××.de> wrote:
2
3 > covici@××××××××××.com writes:
4 >
5 > > Hi. I just upgraded from samba 4.1.x to 4.2.7 and in one of my shares,
6 > > I can not access any subfolders of that share. It usually gives me some
7 > > kind of windows permission error, or just location not available.
8 > > Windows tells me I can't even display the advanced security settings for
9 > > any folder. Anyone know what they did and how to fix? There is a hard
10 > > blocker to downgrading, so maybe something is up.
11 > >
12 > > Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
13 >
14 > Do they have a changelog which you looked at? Can you mount these
15 > shares from a Linux client?
16
17 These are on a Linux server, so there is no problem there. Changelog
18 doesn't say anything but the version number.
22 Your life is like a penny. You're going to lose it. The question is:
23 How do
24 you spend it?
25
26 John Covici