From: "Thomas Rösner" <Thomas.Roesner@××××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Mysql vs Mysql-community...
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2006 13:07:40
1 kashani wrote:
2 > Jerry McBride wrote:
3 >> Can someone tell me the major differences between mysql and
4 >> mysql-community?
5 >>
6 >> Thank you, in advance...
7 >>
8 >> P.S. before you beat me up too badly, I've googled this one to death
9 >> and not found anything that satisfies my curiousity.
10 >
11 > I've been trying to figure out that myself and would be interested in
12 > some enlightenment. However I do know that 5.0.30, which appears to be
13 > enterprise, has a number of high thread/concurrency Innodb fixes that
14 > many of us 5.0 beta test^H^Husers have been waiting for.
15
16 Is it only me or is the marketing fluff on the mysql homepage getting
17 worse? The MaxDB announcement without any meat, mysql-"cluster" (which
18 made me laugh when I figured out what they think constitutes a cluster),
19 and now the "huh, we do enterprise, too", which on the homepage seems
20 like a normal support scheme, but then why are there different tarballs?
21
22 Maybe this is an answer to EnterpriseDB/Postgres? But EnterpriseDB at
23 least is quite clear about what they add.
24
25 Regards and Happy Holidays,
26 Thomas
27 --