From: James Ausmus <james.ausmus@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Capture dmesg output on boot?
Date: Tue, 12 May 2009 00:20:12
1 On Mon, May 11, 2009 at 5:16 PM, Dan Cowsill <danthehat@×××××.com> wrote:
2
3 > Hello list,
4 >
5 > I've been trying to get to the bottom of my recent troubles with my IDE
6 > controller working with the 2.6.28 kernel. Now, linux never boots
7 > without a kernel panic, so dmesg never gets logged... Is there any way
8 > to have the kernel dump the boot log somewhere? I'd settle for
9 > scrolling up, really.
12 If you have a serial port, you can enable serial console in the kernel
13 config, and boot with a "console=ttyS0" kernel parameter, to see all the
14 output on a serially attached (via null modem cable or adapter) computer...
15
16 -James