From: walt <w41ter@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: world file - where has it gone?
Date: Mon, 09 Mar 2015 20:00:45
1 On 01/04/2015 04:19 AM, Helmut Jarausch wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 > I discovered that the file /var/lib/portage/world
4 > contains only a few lines where it contained hundreds of files
5 > before.
6
7 Same thing just happened to me two months later. Weird. I updated this
8 machine early this morning but /var/lib/world is still dated yesterday
9 afternoon, and contains only the packages I updated manually yesterday.
10
11 Portage evidently had a major brainfart yesterday because I know I didn't
12 edit the world file myself :/