From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: kernel linux-2.6.27-gentoo-r7 won't load network!
Date: Sat, 10 Jan 2009 10:26:30
1 On Saturday 10 January 2009, Dale wrote:
2 > Neil Bothwick wrote:
3 > > On Fri, 9 Jan 2009 22:37:44 +0000, Mick wrote:
4 > >> Filed a bug and it was suggested to me that I try
5 > >> building the alsa drivers as modules. I tried it on for size and guess
6 > >> what, it worked!
7 > >
8 > > AFAIR the Gentoo ALSA docs have always recommended building as modules.
9 >
10 > And yet I have never used modules for anything except Nvidia. That has
11 > worked for me over 5 years now. What a puzzle.
12
13 Same here. With three different machines I had alsa built in the kernel, less
14 that six months or so after alsa first became part of the kernel (can't
15 remember if I was running stable back then).
16 --
17 Regards,
18 Mick