From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] GCC 5.4.0
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2017 15:46:07
1 On Monday 24 Apr 2017 14:47:32 Mick wrote:
2 > On Monday 24 Apr 2017 14:36:01 Peter Humphrey wrote:
3 > > Speaking of long emerge times, so far this box has spent nearly six
4 > > hours on two systems simultaneously (one being a chroot for a slower
5 > > machine) and still hasn't finished. And qtwebkit has just failed; I'd
6 > > better look into that.
7 >
8 > I've had the odd rebuild failure here & there, don't bother re-emerging it
9 > until revdep-rebuild has finished. Any dependencies it needs would have
10 > been rebuilt by then and it should complete without problem.
11
12 Quite so, but it was an internal compiler error, so that may not help. I'll
13 remerge it when the machine's quiet and see.
14
15 Only another four systems to go... :-)
18 Regards
19 Peter