From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] emerge --autounmask-write: specify file
Date: Wed, 06 Jul 2011 08:54:46
1 On Wed, 06 Jul 2011 02:52:05 -0500, Dale wrote:
2
3 > > No, the discussion is about the name of the file in package.unmask. if
4 > > that is a file there is no issue. The problem is that portage just
5 > > picks a file from that directory, it should either have its own file
6 > > in there or add the entries to a file named after the package.
7
8 > I agree but it doesn't do that.
9
10 Well, we wouldn't be complaining about it not doing something if it did
11 it :)
12
13 > Of course, as I described, having many
14 > files makes it difficult to find what file contains what too.
15
16 Not if the files are sensibly organised. The current implementation
17 messes up that organisation.
21 Neil Bothwick
22
23 The horizon of many people is a circle with a radius of zero. They call
24 this their point of view.
25 -- Albert Einstein