From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] emerge --autounmask-write: specify file
Date: Wed, 06 Jul 2011 07:54:34
1 Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > On Tue, 05 Jul 2011 23:22:05 -0500, Dale wrote:
5 >> Wouldn't this be like putting package.* back to a file instead of a
6 >> directory tho? That would seem like one step forward and two steps
7 >> back. Maybe I am missing something again. I sort of got some "issues"
8 >> going on around here. :/
9 >>
10 > No, the discussion is about the name of the file in package.unmask. if
11 > that is a file there is no issue. The problem is that portage just picks
12 > a file from that directory, it should either have its own file in there or
13 > add the entries to a file named after the package.
18 I agree but it doesn't do that. Of course, as I described, having many
19 files makes it difficult to find what file contains what too.
20
21 Dale
22