From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] emerge --autounmask-write: specify file
Date: Wed, 06 Jul 2011 08:49:46
1 On Tue, 05 Jul 2011 23:22:05 -0500, Dale wrote:
2
3 > Wouldn't this be like putting package.* back to a file instead of a
4 > directory tho? That would seem like one step forward and two steps
5 > back. Maybe I am missing something again. I sort of got some "issues"
6 > going on around here. :/
7
8 No, the discussion is about the name of the file in package.unmask. if
9 that is a file there is no issue. The problem is that portage just picks
10 a file from that directory, it should either have its own file in there or
11 add the entries to a file named after the package.
15 Neil Bothwick
16
17 An unemployed Court Jester is nobody's fool.