From: Harry Putnam <reader@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: What is starting net.eth1 [not in rc-update]
Date: Sun, 28 Dec 2008 17:51:14
1 Ian Lee <ian@×××××××××××××××××××.uk> writes:
2
3 > 1) net.eth1 problem
4 >
5 > There is a udev hook for starting net.* init scripts,
6 > /lib/udev/rules.d/90-network.rules to be precise
7
8 The script is very brief
9 There is no mention of net.eth1 in that script
10
11 SUBSYSTEM=="net", ACTION=="add", RUN+="net.sh %k start"
12 SUBSYSTEM=="net", ACTION=="remove", RUN+="net.sh %k stop"
13
14 Further it says not edit this script since it gets overwritten on
15 update.
16
17 Apparently this is not the place to alter what happens at runlevels.
20 > 2) Openrc problem
21 > I'm asuming here the openrc problems are from a recent upgrade you
22 > have done and not inslalled the the runlevels required sadly they are
23 > not done automatically. Have a look in /usr/share/openrc/runlevels
24 > these are needed for openrc to work copy any that don't exist in
25 > /etc/runlevels most important are sysinit and shutdown, boot and
26 > default are likey to be fine
27
28 They are all present in /etc/runlevels.
29
30 And again I see no reference to net.eth1 or hwclock