From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Plasmashell consuming huge amounts of memory.
Date: Sat, 28 Oct 2017 18:49:28
1 Dale wrote:
2 > Just a little update, a recent update seems to have corrected this
3 > issue.  The update to 5.11.2 doesn't seem to have the same memory hog
4 > issue.  If anyone else is having this issue, upgrade to that version and
5 > hopefully it will work like it should.
6 >
7 > Thanks to all for their replies.
8 >
9 > Dale
10 >
11 > :-)  :-)
14 Well, I spoke to soon.  It worked OK for a good while then it started
15 creeping up again.  After another round of google searches, startpage
16 actually, I found where someone posted that having a slideshow causes
17 this.  I switched from slideshow to something else and sure enough, it
18 hasn't hogged up memory, yet anyway.
19
20 So, disable slideshow until this gets fixed and at least you don't have
21 to worry about it hogging up every last bit of memory.
22
23 Still, that thing does use quite a bit of ram.  It's not in the area of
24 Firefox or anything but it uses a good bit.  Actually, in top it is
25 usually listed right below Firefox and Seamonkey.  In the past tho, it
26 just used the same stable amount.  ;-)
27
28 Now let us pray that there is a fix soon enough.  I miss my slideshow.  :(
29
30 Dale
31