From: Victor Ivanov <vic.m.ivanov@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Trackpad nightmare: Elantech ETPS/2
Date: Tue, 05 May 2020 18:19:35
1 On 05/05/2020 15:28, inasprecali wrote:
2 >
3 > I experience very similar symptoms on my ThinkPad 13. It doesn't
4 > happen often, but it does sometimes happen.
5 >
6 It's good to hear that there are others sharing the pain - at least to a
7 degree - today, as most topics I've come across stop around 2018, which
8 made me believe the issue had been resolved in the kernel.
11 > Unfortunately I'm not aware of any real solution, but as a
12 > workaround, you can unmount and re-mount the psmouse module when
13 > the problem occurs (if psmouse is not built compiled as a module,
14 > I suggest you do it). At least this is what works for me, YMMV:
15 >
16 > # modprobe -r psmouse
17 > # modprobe psmouse
18 >
19 This is basically what I've been doing. However, it's not as easy when
20 it causes the keyboard to freeze as well, where the only solution is
21 usually a hard reset without access to an external keyboard. It's also
22 incredibly time consuming to do a few times an hour, even without having
23 to reboot.
24
25 I might bump up the bug report on kernel.org and see if gets any attention.