From: YoYo Siska <yoyo@××××××.sk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] win key takes me from X to VT
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2011 10:40:04
1 On Mon, Apr 18, 2011 at 12:27:03AM +0200, Jesús J. Guerrero Botella wrote:
2 > El día 18 de abril de 2011 00:01, Jesús J. Guerrero Botella
3 > <jesus.guerrero.botella@×××××.com> escribió:
4 > >> Try to reset all shortcuts with:
5 > >> setxkbmap -option
6 > >
7 > > It doesn't change anything. The problem starts in kdm, before loging
8 > > in, so it's nothing specific to a given user account.
9 >
10 > Oh, I forgot, it is nothing specific to kdm either. What I meant above
11 > is that it happens since I enter X. Or rather, since this is the
12 > default behavior in the console, we could more correctly say that it
13 > *continues* happening when I enter X, where it should not happen.
14 >
15 > I tested the lxde login manager and it has the same problem.
18 It seems like X didn't switch the keyboard to raw mode or something like
19 this... The win key on linux console swithes to a previou vt (don't know
20 if it is intentional, or just a side effect of the kernel not correctly
21 handling it)
22
23 Sometimes, when an app freezes the whole X (usually when it grabs the
24 keyboard and freezes) I have to use the magic sysrq keys to "unraw" the
25 keyboard, which means I can that use alt-fX to swtich to text VTs, kill
26 the app and return to X... however from that moment on until I restart
27 X, the keyboard is not in raw mode and alt-fX and also the winkey switch
28 consoles (like you describe)
29
30 yoyo