From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] question about binhost's
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2014 06:46:19
1 On Monday 17 Nov 2014 22:14:47 Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > On Mon, 17 Nov 2014 22:55:05 +0100, Michael Mair-Keimberger wrote:
3 > > Hmm, that's interesting.
4 > > I just checked another binhost and they clearly were kept. I don't
5 > > know why it doesn't work with mine but it's definitely a problem with
6 > > my system.
7 >
8 > They should be kept, it defeats one of the main reasons for using -b if
9 > the old package is deleted - the ability to quickly roll back if a
10 > package update causes problems. Are you running eclean from a cron job or
11 > a portage env script?
12
13 Interestingly, how do you remove an binary package using portage when you no
14 longer need it? Using 'rm -i <package>' manually?
15 --
16 Regards,
17 Mick