From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] question about binhost's
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2014 22:15:01
1 On Mon, 17 Nov 2014 22:55:05 +0100, Michael Mair-Keimberger wrote:
2
3 > Hmm, that's interesting.
4 > I just checked another binhost and they clearly were kept. I don't
5 > know why it doesn't work with mine but it's definitely a problem with
6 > my system.
7
8 They should be kept, it defeats one of the main reasons for using -b if
9 the old package is deleted - the ability to quickly roll back if a
10 package update causes problems. Are you running eclean from a cron job or
11 a portage env script?
15 Neil Bothwick
16
17 I typed Format SER: and accidentally killed a telephone operator!