From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Portable Gentoo (Pen Drive Linux)
Date: Sat, 29 Mar 2014 16:41:31
1 On Sat, 29 Mar 2014 10:07:22 +0000, Peter Humphrey wrote:
2
3 > > I don't think it's down to the shell, sysresccd includes bash too
4 > > AFAIR.
5 >
6 > Yes, bash is present, but root (superuser) has /bin/zsh as its shell in
7 > /etc/passwd, so bash scripts aren't run on login.
8
9 Ah yes, I see what you mean.
10
11 > > Aha, just found the proper documentation for it
12 > > http://www.sysresccd.org/Sysresccd-manual-en_Run_your_own_scripts_with_autorun
13
14 > That looks interesting - thanks. First though I think I'll pursue
15 > getting my aliases, and unaliases, into zsh startup. Or is it simple to
16 > change root's login shell? It seems unlikely that simply
17 > editing /etc/passwd would do it.
18
19 It is that simple. One of the first things I do on a new install is
20 sed -i s/bash/zsh/ /etc/passwd
21
22 Dropping the aliases into ~/.zshrc is the easy option, that way to get
23 your aliases and a superior shell.
27 Neil Bothwick
28
29 "He's dead, Jim. You get his phaser, I'll grab his wallet."