From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] which machine to buy for perfect gentoo machine?!
Date: Sat, 13 Apr 2013 11:54:45
1 Pandu Poluan wrote:
4 > I myself prefer AMD CPUs to Intel ones.
5 >
6 > Intel has this habit of 'segmenting' their processor features. E.g.,
7 > Intel VT-x (Intel's buggy implementation of AMD-V) is not available
8 > across the board. If one needs to leverage VT-x for virtualization
9 > purposes, one must be double sure that the CPU one bought supports VT-x.
10 >
11 > All latest AMD CPUs (except the laptop versions) support all AMD
12 > features. So, as long as one does not buy a laptop CPU, one can be
13 > sure that one gets everything one wants from a modern CPU.
14 >
15 > Rgds,
16 > --
19 Same here. I have a couple Intel based rigs but they were given to me.
20 I always build AMD based systems. Cheaper and good bang for the buck
21 for what i do.
22
23 Just my opinion.
24
25 Dale
26
30 I am only responsible for what I said ... Not for what you understood or how you interpreted my words!