From: Teng Wang <twang.umn@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] I applied mkswap on root partition
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2007 01:07:19
1 Since I don't think there is anything important in the root partition,
2 I still try to reboot my computer to see what will happen. Very Lucky,
3 my computer reboot normally. Thank you for all your suggestion.
4
5 But I still want to know what on earth mkswap does to the disk. IF it
6 would rewrite the metadata, I don't think I can use this partition
7 anymore. It also does not format the disk or even write
8 anything. Really strange. Since if I want to use one partition/file as
9 swap, I must run this command. But actually, it writes nothing. (Maybe
10 this is the reason it gives no warning)
11
12 ---
13
14 Teng Wang