From: Mark David Dumlao <madumlao@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] mkfs.reiserfs hangs system?
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2013 02:45:46
1 On Fri, Apr 26, 2013 at 12:08 AM, Pandu Poluan <pandu@××××××.info> wrote:
2 > Can't get to see dmesg, the system locked up tight.
3 >
4 > I can create an ext4 fs on a different partition, and since the 'disk' is
5 > actually a RAID array, if the array is going south, I should see the same
6 > problem with ext4, right?
7
8 I am guessing that mkreiserfs happens to touch parts of the disk that
9 mke2fs doesn't, and that the system hangs because the disk becomes
10 unresponsive. I will predict that mkntfs, which by default zeroes out
11 the partition, will fail similarly?
12 --
13 This email is: [ ] actionable [ ] fyi [x] social
14 Response needed: [ ] yes [x] up to you [ ] no
15 Time-sensitive: [ ] immediate [ ] soon [x] none