From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] What is the best way forward? - Update 1
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 2021 19:50:56
1 On Fri, 26 Feb 2021 11:44:12 -0700, Grant Taylor wrote:
2
3 > I have run into a few problems where emerge can't download files. So
4 > I'm finding them online, downloading them, and saving them to
5 > /usr/portage/distfiles.
6
7 Ah yes, I hadn't thought about the mirrors being too up to date.
8
9 > I have had a couple things (really old kernel source still installed)
10 > that I needed to find the ebuild files for. I added them to my local
11 > repository.
12
13 If the packages are installed, the ebuilds are in var/db/pkg. The kernel
14 shouldn't be a problem, I would expect you to be able to jump straight to
15 the current version, although you may prefer to recompile it once you are
16 fully up to date on the toolchain.
20 Neil Bothwick
21
22 Crash: (v.) to terminate a program in the usual fashion, i.e. by locking
23 up the computer or setting fire to the printer. (n.) the process of such
24 termination.