From: Joseph <syscon780@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Print PDF or PS files
Date: Sun, 07 Dec 2014 17:14:02
1 On 12/07/14 14:49, J. Roeleveld wrote:
2 >On 7 December 2014 04:00:36 CET, Joseph <syscon780@×××××.com> wrote:
3 >>In: XFCE4 home folder menu: Edit -> Configure Custom Action
4 >>I have entered: Print PDF or PS files
5 >>command: lpr %N
6 >>
7 >>However, the above command: lpr %N is only good if the PDF or PS files
8 >>have standard Letter size format.
9 >>If a PDF/PS file contains pages that are different sizes or rotated the
10 >>output doesn't looks good. Print is cut off etc.
11 >>
12 >>I have to open the file with "evince" and print it. I was trying to
13 >>sent a print job via "evince" without opening the file form a commands
14 >>line, but I don't
15 >>think it is possible.
16 >>
17 >>I've "Adobe Reader 9" but I can not even print correctly standard
18 >>documents, something is messed up; the orientation is not correct.
19 >
20 >If you want this done consistently, look for a CLI method to consistently force the papersize and orientation.
21 >Then add that into the commandline part for the menu option.
22 >
23 >I can't help you with that part as I don't have that particular requirement.
24 >Both Adobe Reader as well as the printer itself are capable of printing PDFs I want on paper.
25
26 I was googling and there is no solution to it, it seems.
27 I have documents that I print frequently that have mixed pages, landscape/portrait and printing it correctly from command line is not possible.
30 Joseph