From: "J. Roeleveld" <joost@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Print PDF or PS files
Date: Sun, 07 Dec 2014 13:49:20
1 On 7 December 2014 04:00:36 CET, Joseph <syscon780@×××××.com> wrote:
2 >In: XFCE4 home folder menu: Edit -> Configure Custom Action
3 >I have entered: Print PDF or PS files
4 >command: lpr %N
5 >
6 >However, the above command: lpr %N is only good if the PDF or PS files
7 >have standard Letter size format.
8 >If a PDF/PS file contains pages that are different sizes or rotated the
9 >output doesn't looks good. Print is cut off etc.
10 >
11 >I have to open the file with "evince" and print it. I was trying to
12 >sent a print job via "evince" without opening the file form a commands
13 >line, but I don't
14 >think it is possible.
15 >
16 >I've "Adobe Reader 9" but I can not even print correctly standard
17 >documents, something is messed up; the orientation is not correct.
18
19 If you want this done consistently, look for a CLI method to consistently force the papersize and orientation.
20 Then add that into the commandline part for the menu option.
21
22 I can't help you with that part as I don't have that particular requirement.
23 Both Adobe Reader as well as the printer itself are capable of printing PDFs I want on paper.
26 Joost
27 --
28 Sent from my Android device with K-9 Mail. Please excuse my brevity.