From: Ian Zimmerman <itz@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: openvpn and ipp.txt
Date: Sun, 04 Sep 2016 03:57:01
1 On 2016-09-04 11:38, Bill Kenworthy wrote:
2
3 > open vpn is set to run under the openvpn user and group (default
4 > gentoo - drop privileges) It also creates a log file with the same
5 > privileges as ipp.txt and logging is working ok. I've tried using
6 > /etc/openvpn/ipp.txt (default, both with and without path specifier)
7 > and /tmp/ipp.txt.
8
9 Well, in my (working) setup I pre-created an empty ipp.txt file with
10 permissions such as to allow access by the openvpn user. Not saying
11 this is certainly the cause of your problem, but it may be.
12
13 The location+name of the file is configurable with the
14 ifconfig-pool-persist option, btw, so set it explicitly if you want to
15 be sure it's used.
18 Please *no* private Cc: on mailing lists and newsgroups
19 Why does the arrow on Hillary signs point to the right?