From: Dan Cowsill <danthehat@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] motherboard died?
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2009 13:24:59
1 On Thu, Jan 15, 2009 at 8:01 AM, Matt Harrison
2 <iwasinnamuknow@×××××××××.com> wrote:
3 > Thanks for the detailed information. I have some news, but it requires me to
4 > put on my embarrassed face.
5
6 No need to be embarrassed! I work in the repair industry and I can't
7 tell you how many times I've run into the same thing. The worst is
8 when the button is stuck or there's a short in the block and you just
9 can't figure out why it'll only stay on for a half second.
10
11 I've given up trying to deal with Asus. Every technical support
12 situation I've been in with them makes me want to visit unreasonable
13 harm on cute fuzzy things. However, I've gotta say they do make some
14 decent hardware.
15
16 Good luck,
17 D