From: Benno Schulenberg <benno.schulenberg@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Xorg and static libraries
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2006 20:59:34
1 Steve Brenneis wrote:
2 > I had problems with Xorg 6.8.2 and a duplicate symbol in
3 > libbitmap.a. This was a well-known problem and the two most
4 > popular fixes seemed to be to switch gcc to the non-hardened
5 > version or to rebuild Xorg with the "static" use flag. I chose
6 > the latter and all was well.
7 >
8 > Now that the Xorg ebuild has been modularized, the problem is
9 > back.
10
11 Are you using the dlloader USE flag? (If you're on the hardened
12 profile, you automatically should.) Show an 'emerge -pv xorg-x11'.
13 And an 'emerge --info'.
14
15 Benno
16 --