From: "Taiidan@×××.com" <Taiidan@×××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: A new AMD CPU weakness?
Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2018 21:41:06
1 On 03/18/2018 05:33 PM, R0b0t1 wrote:
2
3 > On Sun, Mar 18, 2018 at 4:24 PM, Taiidan@×××.com <Taiidan@×××.com> wrote:
4 >> Everyone please remember this is simply an exploit to obtain data off of
5 >> AMD's version of ME which is a DRM mechanism added for hollywood and it
6 >> requires physical access to reprogram the firmware thus this exploit has
7 >> zero impact on anyone who doesn't profit off of DRM.
8 >>
9 > Except if it's anything like the Intel ME exploit, physical access can
10 > be faked using a compromized USB device.
11 You mean the skylake debug port?
12 >> ME/PSP are evil - don't buy computers that have them - you have choices!
13 > No we don't.
14 Yes we do.
15 TALOS 2? g505s laptop? kgpe-d16? novena?
16
17 I play new games at max settings on a pre-PSP AMD system KGPE-D16 where
18 I have installed a libre firmware for the board and the BMC via the
19 recent OpenBMC port (the facebook version of OpenBMC....less features
20 than the IBM version but still quite nice)
21
22 The TALOS 2 costs less than a brand new xeon system with similar
23 performance and it has better features such as IBM's OpenBMC, PCI-e 4.0,
24 SMT4 etc.
25 The stars have aligned and given us a libre firmware server/workstation
26 that is brand new and very very fast.